Be in the 40% of people who plan for life's certainties
Doing a Will is sometimes the last thing you want to think about, but it should be one of the most important.
As time passes you work, you earn money, buy property, have a family, get married all of this leads to having to think about the what if something happens to me.
The saying goes, there are two certainties in life being Death and Taxesâ€¦â€¦ we all plan for taxes but only 40% of us plan for Deathâ€¦. This must change!
Making a Will does not have to fill you with dread, think of it as :-
- Protecting your family and reducing the stress for them
- Ensuring your wishes will be abided by
- Better tax planning
- Estate Planning
There are different types of Will
- Standard Will
- Living Will
- Mirror Will/ Joint Wills- normally for married couples of long-term partners with Children
- Living Wills
There is also, Powers of Attorney to consider when doing a Will :-
- Heath and Wealth LPA (Lasting Power of Attorney)- deals with your daily routine, medical care, care home requirements, Life Sustaining Treatment
- Property and Financial Affairs LPA (Lasting Power of Attorney)- deals with managing bank accounts, collecting income, paying your outgoings (bills) and selling your home.
This all sounds terrifying.. don't worry we are here to help!
A Will is an ever-evolving document, as your circumstances and wealth in your 20s will be different to when you are in your 50s. So don't think of it as a finished bookâ€¦. Think of it as an ongoing story. You can amend your Will to reflect your ever changing circumstances and wishes.
Home Legal Direct are here to take away the worry and stress out of making a Will. Don't be in the 60% bracket that have yet to sort this, be one of the 40% that have protected their family and assets!