There are certain risks involved when you make the big decision to put in an offer on a house. For example, someone else could come in with a higher offer and gazump you out of contention. The offer could fall through for any number of reasons, for example, the seller might not actually be legally entitled to sell the property. And then what happens to all the fees that you’ve already paid? Without home buyers’ protection insurance, those fees are entirely your loss. With home buyers’ protection insurance, however, you can rest assured that you’ll recoup your costs.
Cover your bases with Silver Home Buyers’ Protection Cover for only £35 inclusive of 12% IPT.
Key benefits of home buyers’ protection insurance
- Survey and valuation fees cover £up to 750
- Mortgage and arrangement fees cover £up to £500
- Conveyancing pack up to £1000
- Gazumping protection
- Immediate protection available for 180 days
- No excess
What is covered?
- Your policy covers property in England and Wales.
- Withdrawal of the house from the property market; for example, vendor is not legally entitled to sell the property, or vendor simply changes his mind.
- You’re suddenly made redundant and purchasing property is no longer tenable.
- The property is subject to a compulsory purchase order.
- Your death or the death of your purchasing partner.
Gazumping is when another purchaser puts in a better offer on the property after your offer has been accepted. Your offer is then refused. Gazumping is not uncommon, which is why protection is highly recommended.
Ensure that conveyancing is carried out by a solicitor or licensed conveyancer; otherwise your policy may be negated.
The policy doesn’t cover costs if you withdraw the offer of sale because you had a change of heart. You’re only covered for risks detailed in the policy documents.
You must purchase home buyers’ protection within 7 days of your offer being accepted.
You can find further information on the link below:
The Moving HUB is authorised and regulated as an Appointment Representative Number: 783621. The Moving HUB is an Appointed Representative of Sure Wise Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). FCA Firm reference Number is 618327.