You will be reimbursed for your searches if the seller withdraws from the transaction for any of the following reasons:
- The seller is not entitled to sell the property to you.
- The seller accepts a significantly higher offer (at least £1000 more) from another buyer, and you are unwilling to increase your offer.
We will also reimburse your search costs if you withdraw from the transaction for any of the following reasons:
- The property is damaged during the period between offer and exchange of contracts, and the cost of repair would exceed 5% of the property value.
- Your mortgage lender applies a retention of 5% or more of the accepted price.
- Your mortgage lender’s survey or valuation identifies rectification work is required, and the cost of this work exceeds 5% of the sum you originally offered, or values the property at less than 90% of the accepted sale price.
- An adverse result is returned from our searches to the serious detriment of the property value.
- You, or anyone you are buying the property with, are given notice of redundancy or relocation, or are diagnosed with a terminal illness, or die.
Certain cookies help the site to perform predictably. Without them the site may not work properly. You are free to disable them in your browser settings.
Accept and dismiss
Reject and dismiss